What is upper and middle back pain?
This can occur anywhere from the base of your neck to even the bottom of your rib cage.
As you know, your ribs attach to a flat bone in the chest called the sternum and then wrap around your back. Thus you may feel pain if a nerve in this area is strained, irritated, or pinched and the pain can travel to any place where the nerve goes - your limbs, chest or belly.
This is not as common as pain in the low back or neck. This is so because these bones don't flex or move as much as the bones in the lower back or the neck.
Upper and middle back pain may be caused by:
- Muscle strain, injury or even overuse of the muscles, ligaments, or discs supporting your spine.
- Habitual faulted posture.
- A herniated disc causing strain on the spinal nerves.
- A fracture of the vertebrae.
- Osteoarthritis In rare cases, pain may be caused by other problems, such as gallbladder disease, cancer, or an infection.
Common symptoms of upper and middle back pain are:
- A sharp, burning pain in the upper.
- Muscle stiffness.
Even serious symptoms giving urgent indications include:
- Weakness of arms and legs.
- A Tingling or numb sensation in the arms, legs, chest or even in the belly.
- Loss of bladder control.
Take care for yourself at home
There are several things you can do at home to help reduce your pain:
Upper back or neck pain are usually seen to subside by its own, provided that proper care and rest is taken. If the condition goes to a level out of hands, then you need to consult an expert and seek proper Ayurvedic treatment.
The best treatment for Upper back or neck pain is found at AyurAvani Back pain treatment clinic.