Rheumatoid arthritis affects more than just your joints. It is a chronic inflammatory disorder.
The condition at times can even damage other body systems - the skin, eyes, lungs, heart and blood vessels.
The condition arises when your immune system wrongly attacks our own body tissues.
This is quite serious a condition where the lining of joints gets affected. It causes a painful swelling and in time result in bone erosion and deformity of the joints.
It is this inflammation that can damage other parts of your body too.
Severe rheumatoid arthritis can cause physical disabilities even.
The signs and symptoms of the condition can include:
- Swollen joints
- Stiffness in the joint. It gets worse in the mornings and after considerable periods of inactivity
- Loss of weight. Fatigue and fever.
The Early phase of rheumatoid arthritis is seen to affect your smaller joints initially — like the joints that attach your fingers to your hands and feet.
The symptoms spread as the condition progress - to the wrists, knees, ankles, elbows and shoulders. Considerable percent of the people having rheumatoid arthritis experience signs and symptoms in parts other than the joints. Non-joint structures like:
- Salivary glands
- Nerve tissue
- Bone marrow
- Blood vessels
If you have persistent discomfort and swelling in your joints, make an appointment with the Joint Pain Clinic at AyurAvani campus in Trivandrum.
Ayurvedic Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
Ayurveda deems the improper food style and sedentary lifestyle that lead to rheumatoid arthirtis.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with the pampering of the Vata and ejection of toxins from the body.
Administration of Ayurvedic therapies like
- Nasya (Entering of medicated liquids through nasal cavity)
- Elakkizhi (Patrapotala sweda)
- Podikkizhi (Choorna pinda sweda),
- Abhyanga (oil massage with specific herbal medicines)
Along with these, herbal medicines is very effective in providing tangible benefits in all these cases, rendering the patient symptom free.
It also helps in repealing the damage inflicted to the joints and in further stopping the degeneration of the bones, nerves and cartilage involved.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Don’t eat fish and milk together
- Avoid milk and jaggery together.
- Avoid heavy, and oily foods.
- Completely get away from an improper diet and lifestyle